EP.143 | Improve Your Ankle Mobility P.3
Part 3 of our Ankle Mobility Series! What's this mean for you?
Better Mobility --> Better Positioning --> BIGGER LIFTS
This week... time for a hybrid mobility technique to bring both the hips and ankles into the equation. A tip taken from the fine folks over at California Strength in San Ramon, CA. If it's good enough for 2019 Pan American Champion Wes Kitts, it's good enough for you!
- Assume a lunge position.
- One leg approximately in a squat position, the other in a saddle pose.
- Grab a Kettlebell & place it on your thigh, right above your knee
- Let gravity do its work! The knee will start to drift over your toes, giving you a great stretch in the ankle & calf region.
- The opposing leg is a bonus! Here you will get the hip and groin stretched out and ready to go.
- Hang out for a few minutes per side.
This mobilization technique will greatly improve torso positioning, greater ankle/calf mobility and a better catching position for the clean!